You might be asking yourself, how can I make this journey successful and with as less stress as possible?! Check out a few tips I put together for investment property ownership and what to think about before you make a purchase!
- Make sure you're ready to be a landlord. You're going to be the one your tenants call with anything related to the property!
- Watch out for rental restrictions especially if you're purchasing in a strata. Rentals may be limited to immediate family, there could be pet restrictions or many other different kinds of restrictions!
- Secure a downpayment. It's still required to have a downpayment even if you don't plan on living in the home.
- Start with a single family home. The last thing you want to do is commit to a project you can't handle. Start small and buy bigger homes once you figure out what you're doing.
- Look for a rental with outdoor space if possible. Having an outdoor living space in your rental can significantly raise its property value and attract more renters.
Was it useful?
Let me know in the comment section!